FREE consultation: speak with Mona by phone.
Call or email to set it up.
607 277-7553 firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Mona’s e-list for events, Alexander Technique news, and special offers: email@example.com
Invite Mona to give a presentation/demonstration at your place of business, school, home, or for your organization.
In-depth information and helpful materials can be found at the following websites:
- AmSATonline.org: American Society for the Alexander Technique (AmSAT)
- STAT.org.uk: Definitive Guide to the Alexander Technique/Society for Teachers of the Alexander Technique (STAT)
- AlexanderTechnique.com: The Complete Guide to the Alexander Technique
Many books on Alexander Technique, as well as books by F.M. Alexander, can be purchased through the above sites, MornumTime Press (mtpress.com), and elsewhere. Mona most frequently recommends Missy Vineyard’s How You Stand, How You Move, How You Live. She and her students who swim have benefited enormously from The Art of Swimming by Steven Shaw and Armand D’Agour, and she and her students who sing find Jane Heirich’s Voice and the Alexander Technique (with CD) an invaluable, practical resource. Dr. Theodore Dimon’s thought-provoking books (The Undivided Self, The Body in Motion, and several others by him) probe, analyze, and elucidate Alexander Technique’s relationship to the fields of education, science, and holistic mind-body awareness. Back Trouble by Deborah Caplan provides essential back care basics and self-care from the wisdom and experience of both an Alexander teacher and physical therapist. Curiosity Recaptured is a collection of beautifully written essays by Alexander teachers on how Alexander Technique and their personal lives intertwine.
People and Places
Many performing arts institutions and university departments include Alexander Technique in their students’ professional training. Some of these are the following: the Juilliard School, Ohio State University, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, New York University, Manhattan School of Music, New England Conservatory, Guildhall School of Music and Drama, Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, American Dance Festival, Yale School of Drama, San Francisco’s American Conservatory Theater, UCLA School of Theater, Film, and Television.
There are also many well-know students of the Alexander Technique. Click here for a comprehensive list.
In the News
- British Medical Journal Study: Alexander Technique Effective for the Long-term Relief of Back Pain
- NPR Report: Alexander Technique – A Balm for Back Pain
- Johns Hopkins Health Alert: Alexander Technique – An Alternative Therapy for Chronic Pain
- Artistic Discipline Meets Modern Technology to Enhance Surgical Proficiency